Saturday 4 February 2017

Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Lipkits

Hello Loveliesss!!

Make up revolution has completely taken the affordable drugstore products to a new level over the past few years. With so many new products launching this year, I was really excited when these hit the website. I've been waiting forever and a day to get my hands on these and decided to pick up three shades that are right up my street. 

Wanna find out if these are worth the hype? Keep reading to find out. 




ORDERING
So, to start I decided to purchase colours I know will get a lot of use. I'm all about the nude lip life and played it safe when getting these three, but there are so many gorgeous shades in the line, something I think will suit everyone. I found that swatch images on the website wasn't that helpful when trying to choose your shade but there's a swatch video on their youtube channel that's a lot more useful to decide what to get.
I ordered mine from the Tam beauty website but you can also find them exclusive to superdrug online or in store. My order was processed and delivered within 7 days which is quite a long time but we'll see if it was worth the wait.




WHAT'S INCLUDED?
Each kit contains a lip liner pencil and a matte liquid lipstick, both identical in colour.

PACKAGING.
The kits come in a sleek matte black box. The box has shiny gold detailing and a pair of  big juicy lips with the colour on (Although the image isn't a true representation of the shade colour and appears to be glossy..?) I found it really tricky to actually get into  because the sticky circles that seal the box were annoyingly difficult to remove.
Each liquid lipstick is in a clear plastic tube and a screw on doe foot wand. It's a simple design and I love the gold detailing.

SHADES
As mentioned previously, there are lots of different shades to chose from (8 in total I think) I picked the three I thought would best match my skin tone. I chose a dusty pink nude, a more warm brown nude and a dark brown. Two quite subtle and everyday and something more bold. Just like to mix it up.

NOBLE.
Noble is a beautiful warm toned nude shade, suitable for everyday look and gives a subtle pretty colour to the lips. The lip liner was creamy and super comfortable to apply. After lining my lips I used the liquid lipstick to swipe over the top. I got Really even coverage with just one application which I was really impressed with. 


GLORY
This shade was a bit of a risk for me, I love browns and nudes but I haven't got many lip products quite this dark. Again, the liner was super easy to use but the liquid lipstick was a bit patchy on first try. It was buildable and is super pigmented after a little patch work I got an even coverage and it lasted a good few hours before fading and coming off.


ECHELON
Probably my favourite out of the 3. This is a gorgeous dusty pink nude colour and I think it would look incredible on so many different skin tones! Had no problem with the lip liner or liquid lipstick and it lasted the longest out of the three. Super pigmented and really pretty. I'd 100% recommend picking this up if you can! 
(PS, What does Echelon even mean?)


These lip kits retail at £6 each which I think is pretty good going for the quality. Make up revolution are such an affordable high street price but they never skip on quality which I love! 

I've heard some people mention these are quite close dupes for the Kylie lip kits, I can't comment on that too much as I don't own one, they're the same concept and they seem relatively similar? I dunno, let me know in the comments if you've compared the two brands, I'd love to know.


Have you tried these yet? If so let me know what you think and what your favourite shade it.

Thanks for being here
Kisses and Love
Jazziepickles
xoxo

STALK MY SOCIAL MEDIA.

DISCLAIMER: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



17 comments:

  1. I love these colours! They look absolutely lovely! Also, I ordered from a company about 2 months ago and am still waiting for my goods so 7 days sounds great to me haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely blog post and will need to go out and purchase these I literally just bought the Lottie London lip kits xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never tried that kits :( i need to find them
    i start following you on GFC :)

    xoxo
    http://sramliberdadenegra.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drug store beauty products!! I've never heard of this brand before. I wish I could pull of lip colours, I always feel like I look like a drag queen LOL. Great post!

    www.susanalopessnarey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post lovely, these look good for the price, I will definitely have a look at them and all their shades, Echelon looks like it would be my kind of shade, I like a pinky nude :) xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Although I don't wear makeup myself, I've always preferred a matte look to a lip! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lip products definitely look worth it! I too prefer to buy shades I know I'll get use out of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lippie colours looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never seen these before! Dying to try them now, look amazing! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of these before but I feel like they would be a great dupe for Kylie's oh so popular lip kits! The shades you picked look amazing!

    xo
    Catherine | Beauty by Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so want to try these - I was walking past Superdrug the other day and knew there was something something I wanted to get haha! It was these - I've heard so much about these, need to picked a few up. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my God, these look soooooo good and I didn't even know they existed! :O Loved ur review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing! I can't wait to try them, get me to my nearest Superdrug ASAP! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that they are making stuff like this that is affordable! Love makeup revolution xx

    www.rebeccaashelybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look great! Love the posts. What about any make up suggestions for men?

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my god im dying to try these!

    ReplyDelete