Thursday 15 December 2016

BLOGMAS || What Christmas means to me.


"It's the most, wonderful time, of the year"

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love the hustle and bustle of people rushing around the shops, the smell of sweet candy, a town covered in twinkly lights and celebrations to be had with the most important people.

Family time

Christmas has always bought my family together and there's nothing I love more than spending time with my crazy bunch of cousins and my darling grand parents. We come together to exchange gifts, catch up and reflect on the past year. It's rare we're all together because everyone has busy lives but it's always good fun!

Food
I'm lucky enough to have a stepdad (Del) who makes the BEST roast dinners with all the trimmings. For Christmas, Del pulls out all the stops, tender juicy turkey, crispy roast potatoes, pigs tucked up in a delicious bacon blanket, tasty stuffing and infamous flavoursome gravy! It's the meal I spend all year waiting for and I always eat so much I need to sleep it off after! 
Also, Christmas morning is an acceptable time to have chocolate for breakfast, usually a few bars from a selection box or a festive shaped chocolate character. 

Presents. 
Who doesn't love getting presents? Every year I get spoilt from my mum and boyfriend. They always buy things that they know I'm going to love and I can always tell there's been thought gone into it. Similarly, I spend a lot of time thinking about what to get for other people, I like my gifts to be personal and I love seeing their faces when they open it. 

Christmas TV and Films.
Getting snugly on the sofa with my boyfriend and watching a film is perfect. I love Christmas films, they always make me feel so festive and build up my excitement to the big day! Eastenders is my favourite show on TV and every year they have dramatic story lines leading up to Christmas, which keep me hooked! Can't wait to see what they're planning this Christmas. 
A full list of my favourite Christmas films coming in another BLOGMAS post soon!

Work.
Some of you may know that I work full time in early years and watching the children's excitement grow through the month of December is so much fun. We do loads of fun festive activities with them and everyday I come home covered in glitter! Working with children during the festive season helps keep my Christmas spirit alive and puts the sparkle back into Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment